Friday 9 November 2012

Foodie Friday - The Most Delicious Pumpkin Pie EVER

So...

I've been beaming in my absence,but with a legitimate excuse:I was on holiday.We referred to Jo'burg as the "J word" and emails were ignored.Ah bliss.I'll write a separate post on our time away,but for now I quickly want to focus on posting a recipe that I LOVE.

I meant to post this recipe a day after Halloween,so that anyone who had a few funny-looking pumpkins just standing around didn't have to put ol' Jack to waste...but alas,I forgot.Never mind,go buy some more pumpkin my love.

The Most Delicious Pumpkin Pie EVER lives up to its title and is the perfect accompaniment for your Sunday roast chicken.You know the drill,let's start writing:

Ingredients:
1kg raw pumpkin,cut into cubes
4 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
salt
1/3 cup cream
a pinch of nutmeg,cloves and cinnamon and some extra sugar (combined)

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cook the pumpkin until soft,and then mash very finely.Set aside to cool down.
3. Cream the sugar and eggs together,and then add the eggs by one-by-one,beating after every addition.Beat until the mixture is mixed through very well.
4. Sift together the flour,baking powder,and salt, and alternately add some of the dry ingredients and the cream to the egg mixture.
5. Add the pumpkin now,gently folding it in - do not agitate the mixture too much at this point.
6. Gently sprinkle a buttered baking dish with the sugar-and-spice mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into the baking dish, sprinkle some more sugar-and-spice on top and pop it straight into the oven.
8. Bake for 30-45 minutes.When inserting the knife to test,the mixture should be firm and the knife clean,but don't over-bake the pie.

Tuck right in and enjoy!



(I always use brown sugar,as it gives that lovely caramel taste when baked).

I'll be back soon,we have lots to talk about.

All my love,

Maryke

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment