Tuesday 2 July 2013

Let's Leave the Titles

Yes, I know we are different…
but we are more alike than you think.
Let me explain:

I’m a mom, and so are you.
I’m a wife, and so are you.
I’m a friend, and so are you.

I want the best for my family.
And I know you do too.

Because I am a mom, I learn new things every day.
Because I am a wife, I grow every day.
Because I am a friend, I am vulnerable every day.

Can you relate?

Because I am an imperfect mom, I spend time on my knees every day.
Because I am an imperfect wife, I need guidance every day.
Because I am an imperfect friend, I drink a cup of grace every day (no sugar, please).

Maybe you know what I’m talking about.

Yes, I know we are different…
but we are actually the same.
Let me explain:

Do we not breathe the same air?
Do we not touch the same textures?
Do we not get moved by the same symphonies?
Do we not climb the same mountains?
Do we not fear, dream, laugh, cry, scream and wish?

Yes, I think so, too.

When I look in the mirror, I see only who I am, and not who I could be.
I can only be who I am today, and maybe tomorrow I will be different.
But you need to love me for who I am today
because tomorrow is not a guarantee.

When you look in the mirror, you see only who you are, and not who you could be.
You can only be who you are today, and maybe tomorrow you will be different.
But I need to love you for who you are today
because tomorrow is not a guarantee.

And when we are face to face with each other,
try to see the good in me first, as I am painfully aware of the bad already.
Try to talk to me, and not at me.
Try to understand me, even though you might not agree with me.
Try to hear what I’m saying, and not what you think I’m saying.

And try to love me as if I am one of your own.




M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment